International Gestational Surrogacy Program
Surrogacy, as most of us know, is an arrangement, often supported by a legal agreement, whereby a woman agrees to become pregnant and give birth to a child for another person who are or will become the parents of the child. In terms of the genetic component of the baby, surrogacy is of two types; traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. Since international surrogacy programs have been gaining a lot of popularity lately, we will talk about international gestational surrogacy programs.
Traditional surrogacy is when the surrogate is the biological mother of the child she carries. It is the surrogate’s egg that is fertilized by the father’s sperm. In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate mother is not the biological mother of the child. Instead, the embryo is created via in vitro fertilization (IVF), using the eggs and sperm of the intended parents or donors, and is then transferred to the surrogate. It is gestational surrogacy that enables people to have their own baby, despite infertility issues or other factors that might prevent them from carrying and delivering a baby.
The first step to start your international gestational surrogacy program is to find an agency. Since international surrogacy involves travelling to a foreign country and a lot of logistical things to be taken care of, it is advisable for intended parents to go with an international surrogacy agency. Hence, most intended parents choose to work with a full-service surrogacy agency to help them find a gestational surrogate. Once you’ve signed up with an agency, they will help you find an international surrogate for your likes. Then you will be working with an attorney to discuss legal aspects such as compensation of the surrogate, responsibilities of both parties and eventually sign a contract. Finally, a fertility clinic will carry the IVF and embryo transfer process. They will create and transfer the embryo with one of the following:
- The sperm and eggs of the intended parents (both intended parents are genetically related to their child)
- A donated egg fertilized with sperm from the intended father (only the intended father is genetically related to the child)
- The intended mother’s egg fertilized with donor sperm (only the intended mother is genetically related to the child)
- An embryo created using donor eggs and donor sperm (none of the intended parents is genetically related to the child).
Once the embryo is transferred to the uterus of the surrogate mother, she will carry the baby and deliver it, after which the intended parents will have custody of their child.
Benefits of international gestational surrogacy program:
- Gestational surrogacy allows people with fertility issues, single parents and people from LGBT community to have their own child.
- Gestational surrogacy is legally an easy form of surrogacy because the baby is not related to the gestational carrier.
- International surrogacy allows you to go through the surrogacy process at relatively cheaper costs.
- International surrogacy enables you to find a more diverse range of surrogate mothers.
To know more or sign up for an international gestational surrogacy program, contact Surro Moms Abroad on +1 (303) 722-0066.